Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mary Poppins

Welcome to my first post ever!
I assume all of you have watched Mary Poppins at some point in your life.  It is one of my favorite movies!  I thought success would be when I was that was the type of mother/teacher.  She truly was practically perfect in every way.... in my 8 year old mind. 
Then I grew up. 
I became a mother, teacher, wife, and let me tell you.  I'm nothing like her.  I can't sing, the house doesn't clean itself when I snap, and I have yet to find that perfect handbag.
The point is every day I get up and make a home for my family.  I look at the internet and books and dream of the amazing things I'm going to do one day.  Then I set goals to achieve those dreams. 
I'm not completing five projects a day with step by step tutorials.  I'm not cooking wonderfully healthy meals that are all organic.  I'm not taking huge vacations with the hundreds of dollars I save each week with coupons.  I'm not teaching my kids to read by age two. I AM taking steps to improve our new house, eat at home more, save money, and mold well rounded kids.
I hope to have posts about cleaning, decorating, cooking, crafting, parenting, teaching, and being a better wife.  I need you to keep me accountable because I want to be the Proverbs 31 woman.

Now in case you don't know me personally.
My name is CarlaLee.  As a kid I couldn't say that, so my parents mercifully let me go by Carla (let's be honest, I couldn't say that either).  I answer to either one but prefer CarlaLee.  I have taught 1st and 3rd grade.  I quit my job so I could be a full time mom when our middle child developed a physical delay and was needing therapy 2-3 times a week.  I'm married to this wonderful guy named Cade.  He is my best friend who is so supportive of my crazy ideas.  He is an engineer.  Isn't he cute...
We have three boys.  Chandler 7,   Carter 2,   Caden 4 months




Please know you will see many, many kid pictures. 
Told you so...
We love Disney World more than any place else.  My dreams is to work there when the boys finish high school.  Cade wants to be a rock star in Epcot's Candian pavilian.  I don't care if I'm just a janitor.  I just want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment